Learn how to recycle right
Watch our recycle right series and follow the simple tips to help you recycle correctly in your home.
Recycling is one simple way that residents can make a difference towards a cleaner, greener and sustainable Sunshine Coast. In 2020/2021, thanks to your efforts, 28,600 tonnes of recyclables was saved from landfill.
Helping you to recycle right
Contamination significantly impacts the effectiveness of recycling, and many of the recycling processes can be damaged or slowed by waste items such as plastic bags, batteries, or bicycle, computer, and microwave parts.
Some contamination, such as gas bottles, paint and nappies; can even endanger our workers or make their job more difficult.
By recycling right, we can keep our workers safe, increase resource recovery, reduce waste to landfill and create a more sustainable Sunshine Coast.
During March and April, our waste educators have been visiting households to help them recycle more.
Watch our Recycle Right series and follow the simple tips to help you recycle correctly:
- Recycle right Sunshine Coast - in the kitchen
- Recycle right Sunshine Coast - after a party
- Recycle right Sunshine Coast - with your pets
- Recycle right Sunshine Coast - in your bathroom
- Recycle right Sunshine Coast - in your office
- Recycle right Sunshine Coast - with your takeaway
- Recycle right Sunshine Coast - in your garden.
For more helpful information and tips on recycling, read council’s recycling fact sheets:
- Sustainable waste management (PDF, 459KB)
- Kerbside recycling (PDF, 403KB)
- Waste and recycling information booklet (PDF, 1MB).