Parking permits
  • Last updated:
  • 04 May 2021

Council offers a range of parking permits to assist residents and their visitors in accessing on-street parking.

Approved parking permits expire on 31 July each year, regardless of the date of purchase.

The types of parking permits council offers include:

  • Caloundra central business district pre-paid parking
  • War Veterans parking (metered bay)
    • Caloundra central business district
    • Sunshine Coast University Hospital (on street parking only)
  • Resident parking for:
    • Nambour Hospital 3P area
    • Lady Musgrave Drive at Mountain Creek
    • Birtinya regulated parking area
  • Works Zone
  • Health and Community Services

Types of parking permits

Caloundra pre-paid parking permit

To assist Caloundra residents and business, Council offers pre-paid parking for the Caloundra CBD metered parking area.

Permit holders do not need to put money into the Caloundra parking meters and must still abide by the time limits.

Permit holders cannot park in loading zones or disabled parking bays without the proper permit.

Pre-paid parking permit application[269KB]

War veterans parking permit

Residents who have actively served with Australian or Allied Forces in conflicts recognised by the Department of Veteran Affairs are eligible to apply for a war veteran parking permit.

The permit allows eligible residents to park in metered bays for free within council's metered areas. Time limits still apply.

This permit does not apply to any commercially owned carparks.

Drivers cannot park in loading zones or disabled parking bays without the correct permit.

Pre-paid (war veterans) parking permit application[269KB]

Residential parking permit

Resident parking permits assist residents in accessing on-street parking, within the regulated area, for longer than the restricted time.

Permits are available to eligible residents who live in the following regulated parking areas:

  • Nambour Hospital 3P area
  • Lady Musgrave Drive at Mountain Creek
  • Birtinya regulated parking area

Permits are not available in streets where paid parking meters are installed.

The conditions that will ordinarily be imposed on a parking permit are that:

  1. the permit applies to the vehicle registration and applicant nominated on the application form; and
  2. the permit must be affixed to the lower left-hand corner of the windscreen or other highly visible location on the left-hand side of the vehicle; and
  3. the permit is not transferable to the new owner of  the vehicle if the vehicle is sold;
  4. in the event of a change of vehicle the permit holder is required to destroy the permit; and
  5. in the event of a change of vehicle the permit holder is to complete a new application form with new vehicle details; and
  6. the permit is only valid on local government roads and off-street regulated parking areas; and
  7. damaged or defaced permits must be returned to the local government; and
  8. a permit must not be willfully misused; and
  9. the permit holder must not hold a permit for more than one vehicle
  10. the permit only applies to your residential street and does not apply to any other street

How to apply for a residential parking permit:

Step 1: 

Complete the Residential parking permit application[270KB]

Step 2:

Provide proof of address through a copy of your driver's licence (front and back) or a current utility bill.

Step 3.

Provide a current Certificate of Registration that can be obtained via the Qld Department of Transport and Main Roads website

Works zone permit

Work zone permits are available for a person requiring access to a designated parking space and adjacent footpath for commercial, construction or fundraising purposes.

Works Zone parking permit application[269KB]

Health and community services parking permit

Permits assist health and community services professionals and workers in accessing exemption for on-street parking for timed and paid parking whilst engaged in health or charity work.

To be eligible applicants must be:

  • a health practitioner registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
  • an organisation registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission

Documentation will be required to support your application.

Each eligible registered healthcare professional may apply for one health and community individual permit.

Eligible organisations may apply for one or more health an community organisation permit.

Permits are not allocated for the purpose of general staff parking, or parking at the health or community service.

Health and Community Services parking permit application[272KB]

Apply for a parking permit

You can apply for parking permits online via MyCouncil:

  • register as an online user for MyCouncil
  • click on MyCouncil Services under Personal Access
  • select 'Submit a new application' under the Applications tile in My Dashboard
  • complete the application details and make payment where required.

Or you can complete and return the relevant application form, with the applicable fee, and provide all required supporting documentation.

Your application will be assessed within 28 days and you will be notified in writing of the outcome of your application.

New or replacement permits

To request a new or replacement permit, please contact council.

Change to vehicle details

As permits are vehicle specific, you must reapply for a new permit. An application fee is applicable.

The previous permit is not transferable.

Payment options

You can make an application payment, licence renewal, or debtor account payment online by logging onto MyCouncil.

  • Make an application or licence renewal payment
  • Pay using BPay by contacting your bank to make a payment from your cheque, savings or transaction account
  • Post a cheque or money order to Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre, QLD 4560. Include the bottom section of your parking permit renewal with permit details.

You will need to quote your reference number when making a payment.

If there are any changes to your details or if your details are incomplete, please contact council