- Last updated:
- 03 Aug 2022
All our grant writing sessions are currently full. We are currently assessing if there is need to offer an additional webinar. Please email to register your interest.
Can your not-for-profit group make our community more active, vibrant, inclusive, resilient and creative?
Major Grants support not-for-profit organisations to deliver one-off projects, events and activities with broad community benefit.
The Community Grants Program, including Major Grants, was reviewed in 2021. A variety of updates, to reduce the program’s complexity have been implemented. Always check the Guidelines for eligibility and priorities before applying.
Please note: if applying for community event funding, please apply under the category best aligned with your event’s purpose. If applying for a Christmas, New Year (December 31-January 1), Australia Day, ANZAC Day or Remembrance Day event please see council’s new Festive and Commemorative Events Grants.
Information on eligibility, category priorities and assessment criteria
- Community Grants Guidelines New Guidelines!
When is funding available?
- Applications are open now and close on 29 August 2022.
When will I know if I have been successful?
- 6-8 weeks from closing date.
What funding is available?
- Up to $15,000 to fund one-off projects, events and activities (all categories)
- Up to $30,000 to fund infrastructure projects (in the Community Facilities category)
The table below outlines co-funding requirements:
| Amount requested from council
|| Minimum co-funding requirement
| Up to $7,500
| $7,501 - $15,000
||50% of total project costs from other sources
|$15,001 to $30,000||75% of total project costs from other sources|
Eg. To be eligible for $30,000, the total cost of the project would be at least $120,000.
How do I apply?
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Applications must be submitted before starting the project.
- Applications are currently open:
What else should I consider when applying for funding?
- Acknowledging council, acquitting your grant, auspicing
- Previous successful applicants
- Help and resources
For any queries please contact the Community Connections Team on (07) 5420 8616 or email@example.com.
Variations to already funded projects
If you require a project variation or an extension of your project dates contact the Grants Team via firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your issue.