- Last updated:
- 23 Jan 2023
Festive and Commemorative Events Grants support costs associated with delivering the following community-led event types only:
- Festive Season Events - Christmas, New Year (31 December / 1 January) and Australia Day
- Anzac Day and Remembrance Day
Information on eligibility, category priorities and assessment criteria
When is funding available?
- Applications can be submitted all year round and are assessed every two months.
- Applications for Christmas and New Year (31 December/1 January) 2022 must be submitted prior to Monday 14 November 2022.
When will I know if I have been successful?
- 2 weeks from assessment date (applications are assessed every two months).
What funding is available?
- Up to $15,000 for regional events
- Up to $3,000 for local events
Well-established community organisations with a proven track record of delivering festive or commemorative community-led events can apply for up to three years funding.
Applications run in a 3 year cycle:
2021-22 applicants will receive a maximum of three years of funding
2022-23 applicants will receive a maximum two years of funding
2023-24 applicants will receive only one year of funding.
A review will be undertaken during 2024 to identify if any adjustments to the program are required prior to the commencement of the next three year cycle.
How to apply
- Discuss your project with Council's Creative Arts & Events team representative, Colin Potter, on 5420 8729.
- If approved to progress, a link to the application form will be emailed to you.
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Applications must be submitted before starting the project.
- Events must be scheduled to take place after notification of funding outcomes.
What else should I consider when applying for funding?
- Acknowledging council, acquitting your grant, auspicing
- Previous successful applicants
- Help and resources
- For any queries please contact the Community Connections Team on (07) 5420 8616 or email@example.com.
- Applicants interested in applying for multi-year funding must contact a Grants Officer on the above details before submitting an application.