- Last updated:
- 21 Sep 2022
Harmony Week runs from 15-21 March every year.
It is about inclusiveness, respect, and a sense of belonging for everyone.
Celebrate our diversity with friends, family, schools, workplaces, and our communities.
Visit the national Harmony Week webpage for inspiration, ideas, and resources to help you plan your activity or event.
Harmony Week includes 21 March, which is the United Nations International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
Harmony Week Community Program
The program includes conversations, workshops and events that invite you to experience, explore and appreciate the cultural, faith, linguistic and ethnic diversity we all share on the Sunshine Coast.
Harmony week program includes:
- Healthy Parenting Cultural Perspectives – a panel discussion with Uniting Care.
- Racism Creating Change in Our Community – a panel discussion with people who have a 'lived experience' of racism.
- Ochre Earth Sound Grounding – women sharing knowledge and culture using ochre and sound healing.
- Nambour Forecourt Live! - live music, workshops, cultural activities and food stalls.
- Maleny Welcome and Belonging Flags – write or draw your messages on community flags.
- Beerburrum School of Arts Harmony Day Celebrations - enjoy morning tea, an exhibition of African art and artifacts and workshops.
- Meditation for Harmony and the Oneness of Humanity – join this group meditation with the Baha'i Community of the Sunshine Coast.
- Harmony Week Football Carnival - gather your culturally diverse mixed teams (male and female) for a carnival of mini matches, food and music.
- Buddies Refugee Support Group presents - a one act play ‘Ali - A Refugee's Story’.
- Harmony Week One Day Cricket Tournament - inviting sportspeople and spectators to enjoy a one-day multicultural cricket tournament, food and childrens games.
- Queensland Country Women’s Association Beerwah – enjoy bush tucker morning tea and a conversation about creating welcoming communities.
Sunshine Coast Council activites
Multicultural Heritage on the Sunshine Coast
Celebrate Harmony Week through the lens of heritage. See Sunshine Coast’s diverse community in an on-line exhibition, read stories that take you back in time, view documentaries or listen to interviews. Visit council’s heritage website.
A Taste of Harmony – Sharing your Food Heritage
Sunshine Coast Council’s Heritage Library invites you to join us and special guest, Aunty Dale Chapman to showcase food as we celebrate Harmony Week with the dishes that transport us to another time and place. Discover the importance of culturally significant meals from around the world and share your stories with others. Bring a sample of your special dish to chat about and maybe even share your recipe. Monday 21 March, 5-6.30pm at the Kawana Library Rotunda, please register your interest.
Sunshine Coast Libraries
Libraries celebrate inclusiveness with online programs from 15-21 March 2022. Enjoy a range of online interviews, free movies and books to explore diversity in Australia.
View our online Multicultural Kitchen and learn about traditional cultural food from local Sunshine Coast residents.Visit the libraries website.
Listen to the stories and gain an intimate window into the lives of multicultural residents on the Sunshine Coast, some arrived here 60 years ago, and some have only been here for a year.