- Last updated:
- 22 Nov 2022
This award will be presented to an individual, group or partnership.
Outstanding achievement by an individual, group or partnership that has achieved outstanding sustainability outcomes for the Sunshine Coast community.
Demonstrated achievement in one or more of the following:
- Climate Action - recognises local community action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, increase community understanding of the impacts of climate change and increase the local community capacity to respond in a sustained way.
- Environmental Protection and Enhancement - Recognises outcomes that aid in protection of the natural environment focusing on the conservation and rehabilitation of native flora and fauna.
- Culture and Landscape - Recognises outcomes which proudly preserve and value cultural history and the Sunshine Coast's natural character and amenity.
- Youth Engagement - Recognises positive environmental programs/events which encourage and promote youth initiatives and environmental education and/or achievement.
- Resource Recovery & Waste Management - Recognises achievement in resource recovery and waste management including initiatives which conserve resources, recover and reuse materials, create new product/markets, and assist in litter prevention.
- Water Conservation and Quality - Recognises outcomes that achieve sustainable water management through innovative water conservation, water re-use initiatives and practices that improve water quality.
Nominations for this award closed on 18 November 2022.