Learn more about the garden's facilities, amenities and opening hours. School groups are invited to study nature in our learning circle.
The Maroochy regional bushland botanic garden is located on Palm Creek Road, Tanawha, beside the Tanawha golf course.
How to get there
- Address 51 Palm Creek Road, Tanawha QLD
- Take the Sippy Downs, Buderim exit off the Bruce Highway
- Take the Tanawha Tourist Drive turnoff (25) and follow the signs
- Sunshine Coast UBD reference: Map 77 P18
The garden is open from 7.00am to 5.00pm (April to October) and 7.00am to 6.00pm (November to March).
Take a walk in the gardens
Maroochy Regional Bushland Botanic Garden provides an experience of harmony between humans and the living earth within a natural bushland setting:
- map of Maroochy regional bushland botanic garden (PDF, 602KB)
- special features and walks
- guided tours.
Arts and ecology centre
The arts and ecology centre is a hub for a variety of activities such as exhibitions, artist in residencies, educational events and informative displays that connect directly with nature to enable a better understanding of the environment and the importance of biodiversity.
Car parking is provided near the entrance of the gardens, and surrounding the arts and ecology centre. Only maintenance vehicles and those with written council approval are allowed beyond the car park.
Toilets with a baby change table are conveniently located through the garden. The Maroochy regional bushland botanic garden is self-sufficient for water and waste disposal.
- Picnic tables can be found throughout the garden nestled in the natural bushland setting providing meaningful destinations for visitors
- Six large picnic shelters are available with tables and chairs in locations that accentuate the immersive experience of being in the bushland garden
- Seats are located at special destination points throughout the gardens
- There are no barbecue facilities, however you are welcome to bring your own
- Rubbish bins are not provided, please take all rubbish away with you.
The Compass Institute operate the Maroochy regional bushland botanic garden cafe.
The cafe is open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 2.30pm and is located within the arts and ecology centre building.
For any enquiries telephone 07 5445 9116 or email Compass Institute Inc.
Many of the garden areas are accessible by pathways that are suitable for strollers and wheelchairs.
Outdoor weddings and ceremonies can be held in the gardens.
- Rubbish bins are not provided, please take your rubbish home. It is important not to upset the balance of native animals by encouraging excessive numbers of crows, goannas and scrub turkeys or other scavenging animals
- Do not feed the native animals as this also upsets the balance of species
- No pets or domestic animals are allowed
- Parking is permitted in designated areas only.