- Last updated:
- 02 Sep 2021
Maroochy Regional Bushland Botanic Garden is the hidden gem of the Sunshine Coast. Tucked away in a valley at Tanawha this tranquil retreat is an ideal location for you to volunteer.
The Friends of the Maroochy Regional Bushland Botanic Gardens work at the gardens regularly. They are actively involved in fund raising and assisting council in the development and maintenance of the garden.
- Gardening – enjoy the bushland setting while weeding, mulching, fertilising, pruning and installing irrigation in the landscaped gardens.
- Construction – if physical activity is your forte you can support all aspects of landscape construction including: laying new concrete and gravel pathways, constructing timber furniture, signage, track building and maintenance, rock work and building retaining walls.
- Visitor information and guiding – our visitor information volunteers welcome and assist visitors with their queries. Training opportunities are offered regularly.
- Planning and programming – organisational, information technology and publicity/promotional skills are always welcome to assist with the wide range of community events and workshops on offer.
- Plant collections – if botany is your passion then you may choose to work with council staff to identify and source local native plants for the botanic collection.
Video by Michael O'Callaghan
How to apply
For more information on volunteering at this reserve please contact council.