- Last updated:
- 15 Aug 2022
Council offers a variety of searches to help inform your decision before buying a property or starting up a business. These searches will help you understand any issues relevant to the property.
Development.i Site Report can provide general town planning details for a property. This includes the zoning and any overlays that may affect development or the use of the property.
Development.i provides town planning notations from relevant development approvals over the land parcel. This includes specific planning conditions applicable to the site.
For more specific details, you can request a search about different aspects of a property. These may be helpful to understand how planning constraints might affect a property, or what might be involved to bring a building up to standard.
- building, plumbing and development searches
Note: Information provided for building, plumbing and development is subject to availability of council’s records, refer to the type of search for details.
- rates and valuation searches
- business licencing and health
- health records
- licence/s on same premise
- invasive biosecurity matter
- property inspection declared pest plants
- drainage deficiency area survey
- flood information
For some searches, council may need access to a property to conduct an inspection. If so, council may need the phone number of the occupant or the agent holding the key to arrange access.
When requesting a search, you may also require an 'authority to enter'. You can check the requirements on the individual search request form.
How to request a search
You can request a search online using MyCouncil.
For help with MyCouncil:
- refer to our MyCouncil FAQs
- read step by step instructions and find out what search options are available.
Alternatively, you can complete the relevant form and pay the applicable fee in person or by post. Select the relevant form:
- building, plumbing and development (DOCX, 296KB)
- building, plumbing and development - file retrieval (DOCX, 293KB)
- business licencing and health (DOCX, 293KB)
- flooding (DOCX, 293KB)
- rates and valuation (DOCX, 293KB).
Each form contains:
- full details of the various searches available
- timeframes for each search type
- fees associated for each search type.
Other types of searches
- swimming pool fence compliance advice search, refer to swimming pool regulations
- stormwater search requests. You will need to complete an as constructed stormwater search request (DOCX, 295KB)
- planning and development records, plans and guidelines through Development.i.